Variant of junk
- Obsolete old cable or rope used for making oakum, mats, etc.
- old metal, glass, paper, rags, etc., parts of which may be salvageable for reuse
- Informal useless or worthless stuff; trash; rubbish
- ☆ Slang a narcotic drug; esp., heroin
- Baseball, Slang low-velocity pitches, esp. slow curve balls
Origin: Middle English jonk ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps jonk, reed ; from Old French jonc ; from Classical Latin juncus, a rush: see jonquil
☆ Informal to throw away as worthless or get rid of by selling as junk; discard; scrap