- A jingle, the sounds of a jingle.
VerbSee also: jīnglíng
- Present participle of jingle.
Variant of jingle
intransitive verbjingled, jingling
- to make a succession of light, ringing sounds, as small bells or bits of metal striking together; tinkle
- to have obvious, easy rhythm, simple repetitions of sound, etc., as some poetry and music
Origin of jingleMiddle English gingelen, probably echoic
to cause to jingle
- a jingling sound
- a verse that jingles; jingling arrangement of words: a writer of advertising jingles