An example of a famous person named Jill is Jill Scott.
- a feminine name
- [oftenj-]Chiefly Literary a girl or woman; esp., a female sweetheart
Origin of Jillvariant, variety of gill
(third-person singular simple present jills, present participle jilling, simple past and past participle jilled)
- (uncommon, vulgar, slang, of a female) To masturbate.
By analogy with jack (off). See Jack (“male name”) and Jill (“female name”).
- A female ferret.
From the female name Jill.
- A female given name.
- Generic use for any female (as Sheila in Australian English), especially paired (since the 15th c., compare Ienken and Iulyan) with the male Jack.
- A young woman; a sweetheart; like the variant spelling Gill it was also associated with various assertive uses of the term flirt, as in flirtgigg (used by William Shakespeare for a 'woman of light or loose behavior').
- A jillstrap: the female counterpart to a jockstrap.