- an East Indian tree (Artocarpus integrifolia) of the mulberry family, like the breadfruit
- its large, heavy fruit, containing edible seeds
- its yellow, fine-grained wood
Origin of jackfruitjack- + fruit
- A tropical evergreen tree (Artocarpus heterophyllus) of South and Southeast Asia, widely cultivated for its very large edible fruits, having pulpy yellow flesh.
- The fruit of this tree.
Origin of jackfruitPortuguese jaca ( from Malayalam cakkai ) fruit
- A tree, Artocarpus heterophyllus, of the Moraceae family, which produces edible fruit.
- The large fruit from this tree.