Italianism definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a word, phrase, grammatical construction, or other feature originating in or peculiar to Italian
- an Italian custom, belief, etc.
- Italian spirit, quality, etc.
- fondness for Italian customs, ideas, etc.
Italianism definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- An Italian idiom or custom.
- A quality characteristic of Italy or its people.