inwrought[in rôt′, in′rôt′]
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- worked or woven into a fabric: said of a pattern, etc.
- Archaic having a decoration worked in
- closely blended with other things
Origin: in- plush wrought
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Worked or woven in: an inwrought design.
- Having a decorative pattern worked or woven in.