- The definition of inversed is something that is in reverse order.
An example of inversed is starting the alphabet with zyx.
- simple past tense and past participle of inverse
Variant of inverse
- inverted; reversed in order or relation; directly opposite
- Math. designating or of an operation which, when applied after a specific operation, cancels it: subtraction is the inverse operation of addition
Origin of inverseClassical Latin inversus, past participle of invertere
- any inverse thing; direct opposite
- the result of an inversion
- the result obtained after dividing 1 by the given number; reciprocal: the inverse of x is 1/x