- (nonstandard in Canada) plural form of Inuit (people).
- The plural form Inuit is usually preferred in referring to people.
- (nonstandard in Canada) plural form of Inuit (language or dialect).
Variant of Inuit
nounpl. Inuit or Inuits
- a member of a group of indigenous people of N North America, inhabiting areas from Greenland and E Canada to Alaska
- the language of this people, belonging to the Eskimo-Aleut language family
- Eskimo (): in this sense, Inuit is now the preferred term in Canada
Origin of InuitEskimo inuit, plural of inuk, person, man