(comparative more intervallic, superlative most intervallic)
- (music) Of, or pertaining to, intervals.
intervall(um) + -ic
Variant of interval
- a space between two things; gap; distance
- a period of time between two points of time, events, etc.; intervening period
- the extent of difference between two qualities, conditions, etc.
- ☆ intervale
- Math. the set containing all numbers between two given numbers and including one, both, or neither end point
- Music the difference in pitch between two tones
Origin of intervalMiddle English enterval, intervalle ; from Old French ; from Classical Latin intervallum, literally , space between two palisades or walls ; from inter-, between + vallum, palisade, wall
- once in a while
- here and there