Variant of interval
- a space between two things; gap; distance
- a period of time between two points of time, events, etc.; intervening period
- the extent of difference between two qualities, conditions, etc.
- ☆ intervale
- Math. the set containing all numbers between two given numbers and including one, both, or neither end point
- Music the difference in pitch between two tones
Origin: Middle English enterval, intervalle from Old French from Classical Latin intervallum, literally , space between two palisades or walls from inter-, between plush vallum, palisade, wall
- intervallic adjective
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.