The definition of interpersonal is something related to communications, relationships or interactions between people.
Having the ability to relate to and connect with others is an example of having skills ininterpersonal relationships.
- Of or relating to the interactions between individuals: interpersonal skills.
- Existing or occurring between individuals: interpersonal communication or conflict.
- His job is commensurate with his qualifications, leadership & interpersonal skills.
- In addition to disorder-specific symptoms, children with psychosocial dysfunction usually have difficulty functioning normally in social situations and may have trouble forming and maintaining close interpersonal relationships.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (learning new behavior), group therapy, or interpersonal psychotherapy may be employed to uncover the emotional motives, distorted thinking, and behavioral patterns behind the binge eating.
- Some persons with IED benefit from cognitive therapy in addition to medications, particularly if they are concerned about the impact of their disorder on their education, employment, or interpersonal relationships.
- Social influences such as peer pressure, parental support, cultural and religious background, socioeconomic status, and interpersonal relationships all help to shape personality and influence psychological makeup.