- to become connected by or unite in marriage: said of persons of different clans, tribes, races, religions, castes, etc.
- to marry: said of closely related persons
intransitive verbin·ter·mar·ried, in·ter·mar·ry·ing, in·ter·mar·ries
- To marry a member of another group.
- To be bound together by the marriages of members.
- To marry within one's family, tribe, or clan.
(third-person singular simple present intermarries, present participle intermarrying, simple past and past participle intermarried)