Intently is defined as something done with great focus.
If you are staring at the television in a fascinated way and you simply cannot look away, this is an example of a time when you stare intently at the television.
- He listened intently for a few minutes.
- He looked up and studied her face intently for a moment.
- Clara watched her intently, but her tone was casual.
- He looked intently and inquiringly into his friend's eyes, evidently trying in vain to find the answer to some question.
- Dron looked intently at the princess while she was speaking.