insupportable[in′sə pôrt′ə bəl]
insupportable definition by Webster's New World
not supportable; specif.,
- intolerable; unbearable; unendurable
- incapable of being upheld, proved, etc.: insupportable charges
Origin: Ecclesiastical Late Latin insupportabilis
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- insupportably adverb
insupportable definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Not endurable; intolerable: insupportable mental anguish.
- Lacking grounds or defense; unjustifiable: an insupportable claim.
- inˌsup·portˈa·ble·ness noun
- inˌsup·portˈa·bly adverb