- characteristic marks or tokens
- ⌂ printed designs or legends on mail signifying that postage has been paid
Origin of indiciaL, plural of indicium, a notice, information ; from index (gen. indicis): see index
- Identifying marks; indications.
- Markings on bulk mailings used as a substitute for stamps or cancellations.
Origin of indiciaLatin, pl. of indicium, sign, from index, indic-, indicator; see index.
- Distinctive markings; indications.
- Harry Potter names, characters and related indicia are copyright and trademark Warner Bros. © 2000. — Front matter, हैरी पॉटर और पारस पत्थर, Hindi translation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling.
- (philately) A preprinted marking on a mailpiece which shows that postage has been paid by the sender.