Variant of inclination
- the act of bending, leaning, or sloping; esp., a bowing or nodding
- an inclined surface or plane; slope; incline; slant
- the extent or degree of incline from a horizontal or vertical position, course, etc.
- the difference in direction of two lines, planes, or surfaces as measured by the angle between them; specif., a property of a line in a plane, being the angle measured from the positive portion of the x-axis to the line in question
- a particular disposition or bent of mind; bias; tendency: an inclination to talk
- a liking or preference
- any action, practice, or thing, toward which one is inclined
Origin: OFr from Classical Latin inclinatio from past participle of inclinare, incline
- inclinational adjective
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.