The definition of incalculable is not able to be calculated, added up or counted upon.
An example of something incalculable is the number of dust bunnies floating around in a dirty house.
- that cannot be calculated; too great or too many to be counted
- too uncertain to be counted on; unpredictable
- a. Impossible to calculate: an incalculable number of ants.b. Too great to be calculated or reckoned: incalculable suffering.
- Impossible to foresee; unpredictable: “The motions of her mind were as incalculable as the flit of a bird” ( Edith Wharton )
(comparative more incalculable, superlative most incalculable)
- (not comparable) Very great or numerous.
- The loss the National Libarary suffered from the fire is incalculable.
- (not comparable, mathematics) Impossible to calculate.
- (comparable) Of a person's mood or character, etc.: Impossible to predict.
- He is incalculable when he's drunk. He can turn from an amiable person into a violent horror from one moment to the next.