- beauty or charm of form, composition, movement, or expression
- an attractive quality, feature, manner, etc.
- any of the Graces
- a sense of what is right and proper; decency
- thoughtfulness toward others
- goodwill; favor
- Archaic mercy; clemency
- a period of time granted beyond the date set for the performance of an act or the payment of an obligation; temporary exemption
- favor shown by granting such a delay
- a short prayer in which blessing is asked, or thanks are given, for a meal
- a title of respect or reverence used in speaking to or of an archbishop, duke, or duchess: preceded by Your or by His or Her
- Music ornamental notes or effects collectively, as appoggiaturas, slides, trills, etc.
- the unmerited love and favor of God toward mankind
- divine influence acting in a person to make the person pure, morally strong, etc.
- the condition of a person brought to God's favor through this influence
- a special virtue, gift, or help given to a person by God
ME < OFr < L gratia, pleasing quality, favor, thanks < gratus, pleasing < IE base *gwer-, to lift up the voice, praise > Sans gṙṅāti, (he) sings, praises & OIr bard, bard
transitive verb graced, gracing
- to give or add grace or graces to; decorate; adorn
- to bring honor to; dignify
- Music to add a grace note or notes to