The definition of impertinence is disrespect, rudeness or intrusion.
When you interrupt your boss when he is talking to you, this is an example of impertinence.
- the quality or fact of being impertinent; specif.,
- lack of pertinence; irrelevance
- insolence; impudence
- an impertinent act, remark, etc.
Origin of impertinenceFrench
- The quality or condition of being impertinent, especially:a. Insolence.b. Irrelevance.
- An impertinent act or statement.
(countable and uncountable, plural impertinences)