- art, science, study: mathematics
- system: hydroponics
- activities, practices: politics
- qualities, properties: atmospherics
Origin of -ics-ic + -s (pl.): used as translated, translation of Classical Greek -ika (L -ica), neuter plural of -ikos (L -icus)
- Science, art, study, or knowledge of, or skill in: photonics.
- Actions, activities, or practices of: athletics.
- Qualities or operations of: mechanics.
Origin of -ics–ic + –s1 (translation of Greek -ika, from neuter pl. of -ikos, adj. suff).
- Forms nouns referring to fields of knowledge or practice.
- Forms nouns relating to activities
ics - Computer Definition
(1) (ICalendar Schedule) A calendar invitation message file format. See iCalendar.
(2) (Ice Cream Sandwich) See Android versions.
(3) (Internet Connection Sharing) A Windows Internet sharing feature that enables the Internet connection on a computer to be shared with other computers. Introduced in Windows 98, ICS software performs the functions of a router, which is commonly used to connect multiple computers to the Internet. See Internet sharing and wireless router.
(4) (Internet Chess Server) A server that allows people to play chess over the Internet. ICS input and output is normally text, but XICS provides a graphical interface. See XICS.