A Spanish island of the Balearic Islands in the western Mediterranean Sea southwest of Majorca. The island attracts tourists and artists and has Roman, Phoenician, and Carthaginian ruins.
- Although much electronica music is associated with dance clubs and raves, especially clubs in places like Ibiza and Aya Napa, some electronica artists are devoted less to dance than to experimentation.
- The first single off the album, 1973, was inspired by an Ibiza night club, and hit number one on the Billboard European Hot 100 Singles chart.
- Nowadays, it's common to see these body baring suits in Europe, namely in locations like St.Tropez, Marabella, Mykonos and Ibiza.
- James hit the studio in his home in Ibiza, Spain, and turned out his second album, All the Lost Souls, in late 2007.
- The western group, corresponding with the ancient Pityusae or Pine Islands, also comprises two relatively large islands, Iviza (Spanish, Ibiza or, formerly, Ivica) and Formentera, with the islets of Ahorcados, Conejera, Pou and Espalmador.