- A fictional device allowing a spaceship to travel faster than the speed of light, especially by passing through hyperspace.
- Informal A state of heightened activity or concentration.
Origin of hyperdrivehyper(space) + drive.
- (science fiction) A means of traveling faster than light.
- The spaceship's hyperdrive failed, leaving them stranded years from any repair base.
- (science fiction) a drive that moves a vehicle through hyperspace
- A state of accelerated action
- With enemies closing in fast, our hero's mind sprung into hyperdrive.