An example of horsy used as an adjective is in the phrase "a horsy face," which means a face which looks like that of a horse.
- of, like, or suggesting a horse; esp., having large features and a big body that looks strong but awkward
- connected with or fond of horses, fox-hunting, or horse racing
- having the manners, attitudes, etc. of people who are fond of horses, hunting, etc.
- Of, relating to, or resembling horses or a horse.
- Devoted to horses and horsemanship: the horsy set.
- Large and clumsy: illustrations that looked horsy on the page.
(comparative horsier, superlative horsiest)
- Of or relating to horses.
- Of a person or people, involved in breeding or riding horses.
- Of a graphic design or typographical treatment which is clunky, unrefined, clumsy.
- (childish or endearing) A child's term or name for a horse.
- A game where a child rides on the back of another, who is on all fours (also spelled horsey).
horse + -y