- Present participle of honey.
Variant of honey
- a thick, sweet, syrupy substance that bees make as food from the nectar of flowers and store in honeycombs
- anything like honey in texture, color, etc.
- sweet quality; sweetness
- sweet one; darling; dear: often a term of affectionate address
- ☆ Informal something pleasing or excellent of its kind: a honey of an idea
Origin of honeyMiddle English honi, hunig ; from Old English hunig, akin to German honig (OHG honang) ; from Indo-European base an unverified form kenekó-, honey-yellow from source Sanskrit kāñcana-, golden
- of or like honey
- sweet; dear
transitive verbhoneyed or honied, honeying
- to make sweet or pleasant as with honey
- to speak sweetly or lovingly to
- to flatter
to speak sweetly or lovingly; be very affectionate, attentive, or coaxing