- the condition of having all flowers sexually alike
- the condition of having stamens and pistils mature at the same time
- inbreeding in an isolated group of individuals of the same species
Origin of homogamyGerman homogamie: see homo- and -gamy
- The state of having stamens and pistils that mature simultaneously.
- The state of having only one kind of flower on a plant, such as only unisexual flowers.
- Marriage between people who are similar to each other, especially in their sociocultural backgrounds.
homo- + -gamy