- The definition of homestretch is the final part of something, particularly between the last turn and the finish line on a racetrack.
An example of a homestretch is the final week of college.
homestretch definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the part of a racetrack between the last turn and the finish line
- the final part of any undertaking
homestretch definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The portion of a racetrack from the last turn to the finish line.
- Informal The final stages of an undertaking.