- The definition of homestretch is the final part of something, particularly between the last turn and the finish line on a racetrack.
An example of a homestretch is the final week of college.
- the part of a racetrack between the last turn and the finish line
- the final part of any undertaking
- The portion of a racetrack from the last turn to the finish line.
- The final stages of an undertaking.
- the final stretch of a race track
- (figuratively) the last part of some activity (e.g. a speech)