- exactly noon
- the highest point or culmination; period of great ability or power
Origin of high noonorig. in allusion to a climactic gunfight in the film High Noon (1952) a situation involving a decisive or dramatic confrontation
Origin of high noonsee high,
- Exactly noon.
- The highest or most advanced stage or period: the high noon of her creativity.
(plural high noons)
- (idiomatic) Exactly noon; midday (when the sun is at its highest)
- The same streets that are inviting and quiet at high noon may be intimidating at night.
- (idomatic, figuratively) The zenith or apex of one's life or of a certain activity or plot.
- (idiomatic) A time, set out in advance, at which an important decision is to be made or a nemesis is to be confronted