- The definition of high hat is snobby.
An example of a high hat person is someone who thinks she is better than everyone else.
- The definition of a high hat is slang for a snob, or is a pair of cymbals played by hitting a foot pedal.
- An example of a high hat is a person who believes that everyone else is not as good as he is.
- An example of a high hat is a pair of cymbals often used in jazz music.
high hat definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Slang snobbish and aloof
- Slang a snob
- a pair of opposed cymbals mounted on a metal stand and struck together by a foot-pedal mechanism, used by drummers in jazz, rock, etc. for rhythmic accents
high hat definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- See top hat.
- also hi hat Music A set of high-hat cymbals.
Informaltransitive verb high-hat·ted, high-hat·ting, high-hats
To treat in a condescending or supercilious manner.adjective