- The definition of high hat is snobby.
An example of a high hat person is someone who thinks she is better than everyone else.
- The definition of a high hat is slang for a snob, or is a pair of cymbals played by hitting a foot pedal.
- An example of a high hat is a person who believes that everyone else is not as good as he is.
- An example of a high hat is a pair of cymbals often used in jazz music.
Origin of high hatdescriptive
Origin of high-hat; from high hat
- Slang a snob
- a pair of opposed cymbals mounted on a metal stand and struck together by a foot-pedal mechanism, used by drummers in jazz, rock, etc. for rhythmic accents
- See top hat.
- also hi hat Music A set of high-hat cymbals.
transitive verbhigh-hat·ted, high-hat·ting, high-hats
- (slang) A person claiming to be superior.