- The definition of heterochromatic is a term used to refer to different colors or different wavelengths.
When you look at a prism with different colors, this is an example of something that would be described as heterochromatic.
- of, having, or consisting of different or contrasting colors; many-colored
- of heterochromatin
Origin of heterochromatichetero- + chromatic
- Of or characterized by different colors; varicolored.
- Consisting of different wavelengths or frequencies.
- Of or relating to heterochromatin.