- The definition of herbal medicine is the use of plants to prevent and treat an illness, or to achieve good health, as well as the drugs and tinctures that are used.
- An example of herbal medicine is using a tincture made from ginger to relieve an upset stomach.
- An example of herbal medicine is the capsules filled with an plant-based remedy.
Traditional Chinese herbal medicines.
- The study or use of medicinal herbs to prevent and treat diseases and ailments or to promote health and healing.
- A drug or preparation made from a plant or plants and used for any of such purposes.