Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- the sound that a donkey makes; bray
- a loud, often silly laugh like a bray
- to bray
- to laugh in a loud, often silly way; guffaw
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The braying sound made by a donkey.
- Informal A noisy laugh; a guffaw.
- To bray.
- Informal To guffaw.