- Haute cuisine is French for food cooked by skilled chefs, or is defined as the very fancy style of cooking by those chefs.
- An example of haute cuisine is a meal with small portions that are beautifully cooked and arranged.
- The manner of cooking on the Food Network's program Iron Chef is an example of haute cuisine.
An example of haute cuisine.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- the preparation of fine food by highly skilled chefs
- food prepared in this way
Origin: Fr, literally , high kitchen
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Elaborate or skillfully prepared food, especially that of France.
- The characteristic manner or style of preparing such food.
Origin: French : haute, feminine of haut, high, elegant + cuisine, cooking.