- Haute cuisine is French for food cooked by skilled chefs, or is defined as the very fancy style of cooking by those chefs.
- An example of haute cuisine is a meal with small portions that are beautifully cooked and arranged.
- The manner of cooking on the Food Network's program Iron Chef is an example of haute cuisine.
An example of haute cuisine.
haute cuisine definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the preparation of fine food by highly skilled chefs
- food prepared in this way
Origin: French literally , high kitchen
haute cuisine definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Elaborate or skillfully prepared food, especially that of France.
- The characteristic manner or style of preparing such food.
Origin: French : haute, feminine of haut, high, elegant + cuisine, cooking.