haute cuisine[ōt′kwē zēn′]
- Haute cuisine is French for food cooked by skilled chefs, or is defined as the very fancy style of cooking by those chefs.
- An example of haute cuisine is a meal with small portions that are beautifully cooked and arranged.
- The manner of cooking on the Food Network's program Iron Chef is an example of haute cuisine.
An example of haute cuisine.
- the preparation of fine food by highly skilled chefs
- food prepared in this way
Origin of haute cuisineFrench literally , high kitchen
- Elaborate or skillfully prepared food, especially that of France.
- The characteristic style of preparing such food.
Origin of haute cuisineFrench : haute, feminine of haut, high, elegant + cuisine, cooking.
- Refined cookery, especially when practiced as an art form.