An example of haute cuisine.
- An example of haute cuisine is a meal with small portions that are beautifully cooked and arranged.
- The manner of cooking on the Food Network's program Iron Chef is an example of haute cuisine.
Haute cuisine is French for food cooked by skilled chefs, or is defined as the very fancy style of cooking by those chefs.
- the preparation of fine food by highly skilled chefs
- food prepared in this way
Origin of haute cuisineFr, literally , high cooking
- Elaborate or skillfully prepared food, especially that of France.
- The characteristic style of preparing such food.
Origin of haute cuisineFrench haute feminine of haut high, elegant cuisine cooking
- Refined cookery, especially when practiced as an art form.