- Hater is defined as a slang term for someone who is negative or who discourages others.
An example of a hater is someone who believes a singer's career will never get going.
- The definition of a hater is someone who feels strong bad feelings against a person or thing.
An example of a hater is a person who strongly dislikes vegetables.
- Hater: Person who talks about friends and is negative in general.
- He is an earnest worshipper of the Virgin, but a bold and vigorous hater of monks and abbots.
- According to Lord Holland, he had been noted at Oxford as a furious Jacobin and hater of the aristocracy.