a small, usually -shaped, piece of wire, shell, etc., for keeping the hair or a headdress in place
characterized by an abrupt, esp. a -shaped, bend: a road with a hairpin turn
- A thin cylindrical strip of metal or other material bent in the shape of a long U, used to secure a hairdo or headdress.
- Something shaped like a hairpin, especially a sharp turn in a road.
- In Hana, you'll have the option of turning around and revisiting all those hairpin turns once again or taking the "back road," formally known as "Hana Belt Road."
- As a bobsled coaster, Disaster Transport is not designed with steep drops or hairpin turns that a more rigidly designed coaster is capable of.
- Push the wire up through each flower stem, bending the excess wire into a hairpin shape so that the ends are rounded.
- The road to Hana is legendary for its 617 hairpin turns.
- Secure the ends under the bun with a hairpin.