Gyny is defined as something relating to women or female organs.
An example of gyny is monogyny, which is being married to one woman at a time.
- the state of having or relating to a (specified) number of women or females at a time: monogyny
- the state of being located in a (specified) relation to the female organ of a plant
- The state or condition of having a specified number of women or females: monogyny.
- a. The condition of being situated in a specified place with respect to female plant organs: epigyny.b. The condition of having a specified number or kind of female plant organs: protogyny.
Origin of -gynyFrom Greek gunē woman ; see gwen- in Indo-European roots.
- the state of having a specific number of wives
- (botany) a situation with respect to female plant organs
- (botany) having a specified number or type of female plant organs