- pl. -·nís′ or -·ní′ a member of a South American Indian people formerly living in an area between the Paraguay River and the Atlantic
- the language of this people, related to Tupí
- pl. -·nís′[g-] the basic monetary unit of Paraguay
Origin of GuaraníGuaraní guariñi, literally , warrior
Origin of guaraniSpanish guaraní Guaraní ; see Guaraní .
nounpl. Guaraní, or Gua·ra·nís also Gua·ra·ni or Gua·ra·nis
- A member of a South American Indian people of Paraguay, northern Argentina, and southern Brazil.
- The Tupí-Guaraní language of this people.
Origin of GuaraniSpanish guaraní of South American Indian origin
guarani - Investment & Finance Definition
The currency unit of Paraguay, comprised of 100 centimos.