A small grove.
- An example of a grove is an orchard of walnut trees.
- An example of a grove is a forest of trees with just short grasses growing beneath the trees.
- a small wood or group of trees without undergrowth
- a group of trees planted and cultivated to bear fruit, nuts, etc.; orchard
Origin of groveMiddle English grof ; from Old English graf, akin to græfa, thicket
- A small wood or stand of trees lacking dense undergrowth.
- A group of trees planted and cultivated for the production of fruit or nuts: an orange grove.
Origin of groveMiddle English, from Old English gr&amacron;f.
From Old English grāf.