- The definition of a grove is a group of trees either planted to produce fruit or nuts or a group of trees naturally growing without much growing underneath.
- An example of a grove is an orchard of walnut trees.
- An example of a grove is a forest of trees with just short grasses growing beneath the trees.
A small grove.
grove definition by Webster's New World
- a small wood or group of trees without undergrowth
- a group of trees planted and cultivated to bear fruit, nuts, etc.; orchard
Origin: Middle English grof ; from Old English graf, akin to græfa, thicket
grove definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A small wood or stand of trees lacking dense undergrowth.
- A group of trees planted and cultivated for the production of fruit or nuts: an orange grove.
Origin: Middle English, from Old English grāf.
, Sir George 1820-1900.
, Robert Moses Known as “Lefty.” 1900-1975.