a finch (Carduelis chloris) with olive-green and yellow feathers, native to Europe
A widespread Eurasian finch (Carduelis chloris) having green and yellow plumage.
- Any of five distinct species of bird within the genus Carduelis:
- the European greenfinch, a common Old World finch, Carduelis chloris, that is mainly green with yellow in the wings and tail.
- the black-headed greenfinch, Carduelis ambigua
- the Oriental greenfinch, Carduelis sinica
- the Vietnam greenfinch, Carduelis monguilloti
- the yellow-breasted greenfinch, Carduelis spinoides