Grecism definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a word, phrase, grammatical construction, etc. originating in or peculiar to Classical Greek
- an imitation of this
- the spirit of Greek culture
- imitation of Greek style in the arts
Origin: French grécisme ; from Midieval Latin Graecismus ; from Classical Latin Graeci, the Greeks
Grecism definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The style or spirit of Greek culture, art, or thought.
- Something done in imitation of Greek style or spirit.
- An idiom of the Greek language.