- An example of graphy used as a suffix is biography, which is a story written about a person's life.
- An example of graphy used as a suffix is calligraphy, which is the art of handwriting.
- An example of graphy used as a suffix is cartography, which is the art of making maps.
Graphy is defined as a form of writing or drawing, or a field of study.
- a process or method of writing, recording, or representing (in a specified way): calligraphy, photography
- a descriptive science or a treatise dealing with such a science: geography
Origin of -graphyClassical Latin -graphia ; from Gr, writing ; from graphein, to write: see graphic
- Writing or representation produced in a specified manner or by a specified process: photography.
- a. Writing about a specified subject: oceanography.b. Representation of a specified object: phonography.
Origin of -graphyLatin -graphia, from Greek -graphia, from graphein, to write; see gerbh- in Indo-European roots.