A child plays with his granddad.
Granddad is an affectionate name for your grandfather (the father of your mother or the father of your father).
Your mother's father is an example of your granddad.
- I remember seeing some pictures of Granddad on an old rake like that.
- "Granddad" himself, as Malasha in her own mind called Kutuzov, sat apart in a dark corner behind the oven.
- It seemed to her that it was only a personal struggle between "Granddad" and "Long-coat" as she termed Bennigsen.
- In the midst of the conversation she noticed "Granddad" give Bennigsen a quick, subtle glance, and then to her joys she saw that "Granddad" said something to "Long-coat" which settled him.
- Malasha too looked at "Granddad."