golf coursegolf course
a tract of land for playing golf, with tees, greens, fairways, hazards, etc.
often golf links
A large tract of land laid out for golf. Also called golf links .
(plural golf courses)
- (golf) The land where one plays golf, with a green and a flag
- There is excellent seabathing, and a good golf-course.
- There is a good golf-course.
- It attracts many summer visitors by its good sea bathing and excellent golf-course.
- The public golf-course on Braid Hills and the private courses of the Lothianburn club at Swanston and the Barnton club at Barnton are usually full on Saturdays and holidays.
- High, which was erected in 1806 to the memory of Nelson, and on its southern slopes a well-known hydropathic. An excellent golf-course extends from Kinloss to Findhorn.