Goings-on is defined as actions, especially inappropriate ones.
An example of goings-on are groups of teenagers getting together to consume alcohol.
Actions or behavior, especially when regarded with disapproval: “cool observers of nutty goings-on” ( Variety )
- Not only can this be a great deterrent against would be robbers, but it also allows you to quickly and easily see the goings-on in and around the pool area.
- The aquarium staff has set up a series of online attractions so that you can check out the goings-on of ocean life without leaving the comfort of your home.
- Geminis love information and feeling connected, so when you're with them, give them the full details on all the latest goings-on in your life.
- From business to pleasure, from shopping to news, you can find information for all the latest goings-on with just a click of a mouse.
- With so many wine magazines or trade publications it is very easy to stay current in the goings-on of the wine industry.