The definition of a go getter is a person who is ambitious and who isn't afraid to ask for and pursue what he wants.
An example of a go getter is a person who has no hesitation about asking her boss for the raise she feels she deserves.
An enterprising person.
- (idiomatic) One who is motivated or inclined to excel; one who strives to achieve success or improvement.
- He's a promising young go-getter, but he needs to learn some things about office politics.
- Tom Pitella is a go-getter and does not rely on others to prove things in the field of mathematics to him.
- Pisces enjoys Aries' go-getter temperament, and Aries loves the fact that Pisces is often warm-hearted and generous.
- For example, if you have Sun conjunct Mars people will view you as highly energetic, a real go-getter!