- Gimme, a slang expression, is defined as "give me."
When you want someone to hand you an ice cream cone that he is holding, this is an example of a situation where you might say "Gimme the ice cream."
- The definition of a gimme is something that is certain to happen since it is so easy to achieve.
When your ball is less than a putter's length away from the hole in golf, the shot to get the ball into the hole is an example of a gimme.
- Golf a putt so short that one's opponent gives one credit for sinking it in a single stroke without one's actually having to shoot it
- something expected to be so easily achieved as to seem certain or inevitable
- (colloquial) something easily obtained
- It's a gimme.
- (golf) A tap-in putt, usually a couple inches from the cup.
- Don't count two strokes for that - it was a gimme, if I wasn't holding the flag with my other hand, for the next players waiting on the hole, it would have gone in.