- The definition of a giggle is a silly laugh.
A silly or nervous little laugh is an example of a giggle.
- To giggle is defined as to laugh in a silly or twinkly way.
When you give a silly little laugh, this is an example of a time when you giggle.
A woman giggles.
intransitive verbgiggled, giggling
Origin of giggle16th circa , probably ; from Dutch giggelen: for Indo-European base see gig
verbgig·gled, gig·gling, gig·gles
Origin of giggleOf imitative origin.
(third-person singular simple present giggles, present participle giggling, simple past and past participle giggled)
- A high-pitched, silly laugh.
- (informal) Amusement.
- We put itching powder down his shirt for giggles.
- The women thought it would be quite a giggle to have a stripagram at the bride's hen party.