- of or according to geography
- with reference to the geography of a particular region
The definition of geographical is relating to the landscape of the earth.
An example of something geographical is the study of each state's location.
(comparative more geographical, superlative most geographical)
geographic + -al
- The small British province of Ajmere-Merwara is also included within the geographical area of Rajputana.
- Amongst Conifers Cedrus is especially noteworthy; it is represented by geographical races in the north-west Himalaya, in Syria, Cyprus and North Africa.
- Its complexity reflects the corresponding intricacy of geographical and geological evolution.
- Ancient geographers appear to have generally regarded the remarkable headland which descends from the Maritime Alps to the sea between Nice and Monaco as the limit of Italy in that direction, and in a purely geographical point of view it is probably the best point that could be selected.
- We arrive thus at the essential aim of geographical botany, which, as stated by Schimper, is an inquiry into the causes of differences existing among the various floras.