The definition of generosity is the quality of being willing to share.noun
An example of generosity is always donating extra food and supplies to shelters.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- the quality of being generous; specif.,
- nobility of mind; magnanimity
- willingness to give or share; unselfishness
- pl. generosities a generous act
Origin: ME generosite < L generositas < generosus
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. gen·er·os·i·ties
- Liberality in giving or willingness to give: a scholarship funded by the generosity of anonymous donors.
- Nobility of thought or behavior; magnanimity.
- Amplitude; abundance.
- A generous act.
Origin: Middle English generosite, from Old French, from Latin generōsitās, from generōsus, generous; see generous.