- The definition of generosity is the quality of being willing to share.
An example of generosity is always donating extra food and supplies to shelters.
generosity definition by Webster's New World
- the quality of being generous; specif.,
- nobility of mind; magnanimity
- willingness to give or share; unselfishness
- pl. generosities a generous act
Origin: Middle English generosite ; from Classical Latin generositas ; from generosus
generosity definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. gen·er·os·i·ties
- Liberality in giving or willingness to give: a scholarship funded by the generosity of anonymous donors.
- Nobility of thought or behavior; magnanimity.
- Amplitude; abundance.
- A generous act.
Origin: Middle English generosite, from Old French, from Latin generōsitās, from generōsus, generous; see generous.