- Gee is defined as a way to express surprise and wonder.
An example of gee is what someone might say after winning a toaster.
- The definition of gee is a word used to command horses to move.
An example of gee is what someone riding a horse would say to get the horse to continue ahead.
Origin of geeeuphemistic contr. ; from Je(sus)
- the letter G
Origin of geeg(rand), Slang one thousand dollars
intransitive verbgeed geed, gee·ing, gees
Origin of geeAlteration of Jesus.
Origin of geeFrom gee1, from the first letter of grand.
Origin of geePronunciation spelling of the letter g, abbreviation of acceleration of gravity.
- A general exclamation of surprise or frustration.
- Gee, I didn't know that!
- Gee, this is swell fun!
Gee is generally considered somewhat dated or juvenile. It is often used for ironic effect, with the speaker putting on the persona of a freshly-scrubbed freckle-faced kid from days gone by (e.g. 1950 sitcom children, such as Beaver on Leave it to Beaver).
A shortening of Jesus, perhaps as in the oath by Jesus
(third-person singular simple present gees, present participle geeing, simple past and past participle geed)
- The name of the Latin-script letter G/g.
- One branch of English society drops its initial aitches, and another branch ignores its terminal gees.
- (slang) Abbreviation of grand; a thousand dollars.
- ten gees
- (physics) Abbreviation of gravity; the unit of acceleration equal to that exerted by gravity at the earth's surface.
- (US, slang) A guy.
- gay (in shorthand)
Pronunciation of the letter G.