- Gandhi is defined as either Indira Gandhi, the prime minister of India from 1966-77 and 1980-84 or Mohandas Gandhi, a Hindu leader and social reformer, also known as Mahatma Gandhi.
- An example of Gandhi is the first female prime minister of India.
- An example of Gandhi is the leader of the Indian Salt March against the salt tax in 1930.
Indira Gandhi was the first female prime minister of India.
Postage stamp portrait of Mrs. Indira Gandhi.
- Gandhi, Mrs. Indira (Nehru) 1917-84; Indian statesman: prime minister of India (1966-77; 1980-84): assassinated: daughter of Jawaharlal Nehru
- Gandhi, Mohandas K(aramchand) 1869-1948; Hindu nationalist leader & social reformer: assassinated: called Mahatma Gandhi