- Gandhi is defined as either Indira Gandhi, the prime minister of India from 1966-77 and 1980-84 or Mohandas Gandhi, a Hindu leader and social reformer, also known as Mahatma Gandhi.
- An example of Gandhi is the first female prime minister of India.
- An example of Gandhi is the leader of the Indian Salt March against the salt tax in 1930.
Postage stamp portrait of Mrs. Indira Gandhi.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- Gandhi, Mrs. Indira (Nehru) 1917-84; Indian statesman: prime minister of India (1966-77; 1980-84): assassinated: daughter of Jawaharlal Nehru
- Gandhi, Mohandas K(aramchand) 1869-1948; Hindu nationalist leader & social reformer: assassinated: called Mahatma Gandhi
- Gandhian adjective
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
, Indira Nehru 1917-1984.
, Mohandas Karamchand Known as “Mahatma.” 1869-1948.