- Gallantry is defined as nobility or courage.
An example of gallantry is the courage to save a damsel in distress.
- nobility of behavior or spirit; heroic courage
- the courtly manner of a gallant
- an act or speech characteristic of a gallant
- amorous intrigue
- Archaic showy appearance
Origin of gallantryFrench galanterie ; from Old French galant: see gallant
- Nobility of spirit or action; courage.
- Chivalrous attention toward women; courtliness: “the air of faintly mocking gallantry with which he habitually treated mother” (Louis Auchincloss).
- The act or an instance of gallant speech or behavior.
- Archaic A bold or stylish appearance.
From French galanterie